About Magical Anchor Bay Guest House
Anchor Bay Guest House, a 3-star establishment, is conveniently positioned and offers great value, superb comfort and magnificent views of the Atlantic Ocean. Facing true north, Robben Island (a World Heritage Site) is clearly visible from the guest lounge, the deck and from two of the luxury en-suite bedrooms.
We are only a stone’s throw away from the palm-lined promenade, Atlantic Ocean and Green Point Park, featuring a golf course and wetlands. One can take a pleasant stroll to beaches, the Sea Point saltwater swimming pool and the historic Victoria and Alfred Waterfront and harbour.
Within easy walking distance are excellent restaurants, coffee shops and cocktail bars. We do not cater for meals but do provide bottomless coffee, tea and juices, served with a variety of biscuits and rusks, in the guest lounge, around the clock.
Numerous modes of transport to the city centre, beaches and mountains are abundant, completely safe to use and available at very reasonable prices. Many of these spots are also only a short walk away.
Since there are several excellent restaurants and coffee shops with great views of the Atlantic Ocean, within walking distance from Anchor Bay Guest house, we decided to forego a 4-star rating by remaining an accommodation-only guest house. Needless to say, our complimentary teas, coffee and authentic South African-style biscuits and rusks remain a firm favourite with our guests! It makes much more sense to us, and makes for unique experiences for our guests, to encourage patronage of the many nearby boutique restaurants and coffee shops. How better to experience the soul of Cape Town just like the locals love to do?
The Tourism Grading Council of South Africa rated Anchor Bay Guest House as follows:
Anchor Bay Guest House is a delightful little property on High Level Road in Sea Point. The bedrooms are spacious and well appointed and all have en suite bathrooms. There is a very comfortable lounge area, opening onto a covered sun deck with lovely sea views. The owner is very hands on and nothing is too much trouble for the guests.
A split-level property in very good condition.
- Comfortable spacious rooms with excellent attention to detail and fresh and attractive room décor.
- Excellent bed presentation and high-quality linen.
- Excellent lighting, air conditioning and fans.
- Modern fixtures and fittings, heated towel rails, thick fluffy towels, attractive tiling and decorative touches.
- One bathroom with a spa bath and an overhead shower.
- Toiletry selection is attractively displayed.
Shared Guest Areas
- Well-coordinated décor and furnishings with leather sofas and excellent lighting.
- TV with DStv Hospitality package and a CD and DVD player.
- Excellent book and games selection.
- Nespresso machine and excellent tea selection for guests to enjoy.
General Facilities In Every Room
- Excellent selection of tea/coffee facilities
- Small bar fridge
- Free WiFi
- Excellent lighting
- Excellent housekeeping and friendly staff